09 January 2009

1:49 am

Lucy woke up screaming at 1:30am. Andrew's up there with her now. She's terribly upset and is screaming her head off. She just can't come down at this hour, and she's not happy at all. I feel absolutely sick listening to her. He went up to change her diaper and rock her for a few minutes, to try to calm her down. I have no idea what to do with her at this point. She hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in ages. I gave her some Tylenol and rocked her for a little bit, but once her head hit the pillow she was back at it.
I really wish I wasn't sick. It would make all of this ten times easier. I also wish I were a stronger parent. I know she wants to come downstairs, and 99% of me wants to let her, if only to get a little rest. I don't know if the other 1% of me has enough resolve to even get through this tonight. I'm so tired and sore and sick of wondering if I'm doing the right thing and second-guessing my decisions. Why on earth does God trust me with a second baby?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a great mom.

Typically children Lucy age can start having night terrors. Not fun but something some kids go through.

Things will smooth out. You'll see.

I know it is hard being pregnant and having a toddler! Trust me, I know.

Just keep thinking positively and enjoy your time with Lucy. Phoebe will keep you busy in a whole nother way soon!

You are doing great!

Love,
Tammy

Lisa Marie said...

so now you know why she couldn't sleep!!!!!!!!!!! poor baby, so sorry that u had such a rough night, it's so hard when they can't tell u what's wrong :o( happens to the best of us, you are still a great mom! and u will be to pheobe too!!!