26 January 2009

Long, Long Day...

Well, Ethel is still down low and making me uncomfortable. Hooray!

Lucy and I had a great day, but it was really, really long. I know there are a lot of people I need to touch base with, but I think I'm going to pass out within about 20 minutes, so I'm going to have to put that off until tomorrow. :-(
We went out to LabCorp early this morning, and then we hit the library and Shoppers. By the time we were done with that, we were both absolutely exhausted. We came home for lunch and a VERY long nap on the couch. When we woke up, Lucy had some ice cream, I had some yogurt and we hopped in the hot tub for a long soak. Once we were done there...tired again. So we watched a "Dee-Dee-Dee" (DVD) and colored. Grandma and Grandpa were both home later than usual, so we had a late leftover dinner and Lucy just hopped into bed. Another smooth night without a peep. I am SO proud of her for adjusting so well and doing what she needs to do. Such a sweet girl. She had a mostly happy day, but I know she's confused about why Daddy isn't here for her bedtime routine. That's usually his "job," if you could call it that. I started doing the bedtime stuff on Friday, so that she wouldn't be totally confused, but I can tell she's still waiting for Daddy to get back to his usual routine. Poor kid. She'll be VERY happy to see him next week! We miss you Andrew!

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

so bummed we missed you guys today, but looking forward to getting to have many play dates these next few weeks- call anytime! :)