06 January 2009

Upswing!

Well, last night I applied a lethal combination of drugs and cunning to my illness and had tremendous results. (I refuse to believe the cold would be leaving my body today anyway.) I took Tylenol, Sudafed, prenatal vitamins and a giant heaping dose of Vicks and watched Mama's Boys. As it turns out, trashy tv IS the answer to bad health. I slept ten times better last night and my head is SO much better today. I'm definitely going to have a cough for a few days, my voice is definitely still gone and I'll probably use the entire box of tissues sitting next to me, but it turns out I will live to see 26. (Although Andrew tells me it's a sad and depressing age...)
My little chicken slept from 7pm to 6am like an angel. When she started making noise this morning I had this awful feeling that it was only 4am or so. When Andrew told me it was 6 I nearly cried with joy! What a doll, letting us sleep "late" after a night of irresponsibly late TV. She's sitting in her chair watching Playhouse Disney while we all wake up. 
We have NOTHING to do today. I've been trying to think of an activity for two sick girls to do to pass the day, but I'm at a total loss. Maybe we'll go to the mall and pretend we're healthy...I don't want to get anyone sick, and I don't want to be out in the cold, but the house is pretty boring. Maybe we'll reorganize something. That's always a thrill. 

No comments: