19 January 2009

Wiggle Worm

This baby is kicking my booty. From the inside. I had no idea babies could inflict so much pain. Little Ethel is an incredibly busy girl. As I type this, my belly is just waving all over the place. At 5 and a half pounds, she's got a lot of power behind her wiggles now. I'm 35 weeks pregnant today, with 35 days to go until my "due date." I use the term due date loosely because I think it's bogus. But we'll save that for a time closer to the big day, when my midwife is begging me to consider my options. :-) 
Today was super fun. Lucy slept til 7:30, which was just awesome. What a peach. We had a playdate this morning with Ben and Jacob, and Lucy had a blast. She adores Ben because he's a big boy, and she just loves Jacob, because he's a helpless baby who "needs" her. It ws so cute watching her try to take care of Jacob. He seemed a little confused by her insistence that he keep his pacifier in, but he was very patient with her rookie mothering. 
We came home for a 3 hour nap and then Calvin and Katherine came to visit! We hung out here at the house for awhile and then we went to Main Street Books to wait for Andrew to get home. I bought Lucy the cutest book and she just can't get enough of it. We had dinner at the Princess and came home just in time to get Lucy into bed. 
Tomorrow will be a quiet day watching the inaguration and keeping things low-key. I think we'll make some cookies to take to Jeff and Katie's tomorrow night. We're going to go over to visit and play board games before we head downstate. We always have a blast with them and I know Lucy will be tickled pink to see them again.
Well, I'm not giving my full attention to my Monday night trashy TV. Now, that's not very fair to NBC, is it? I'm going to sign off here and catch up on just which Momma's Boy goes against his mother's wishes and picks the love of his life. Will Jewish Rob pick Camilla? Will JoJo finally tell his crazy mom to leave him alone? Will Erica, the 2008 Penthouse Pet of the Year, find a place in sweet Michael's heart? It's just so hard to say...

No comments: