06 January 2009

Quick Update

I just ate the best dinner of my life.

Let's see. Today Lucy and I hauled every pillow and blanket we own into the living room for "camping." That basically means Mama is sick and tired and wants to be lazy but can't figure out how to keep the toddler there without a huge production. It worked! Lucy was nice enough to read books and play with plastic food long enough for me to lie around and moan like the invalid I am.
We went out to the library and the grocery store, something my mother AND mother-in-law would never approve of. It was really, really icy, but I had a nasty craving for a breakfast burritos for dinner. I was willing to risk life and limb for them. The roads were fine; just a slippery driveway. We went to the library to exchange DVDs and when we pulled into the parking garage Lucy screamed, "YAY!!" I love how excited she gets when she sees things that thrill her. She did the same at Food Lion. We bought italian ices for our sore throats, Pasta-Roni because it sounded delicious, and lots of yummy things to put on our burritos.
When we got home it was lunchtime, so I put a few cubes of cheese, two slices of turkey and a glob of tartar sauce on a plate for Lucy. She loves tartar sauce, so I figured it might get her to eat her lunch. It really worked, but she was so tired that she started doing the sleepy tilt in her chair, which always tickles me. I watched for awhile as she dipped her fingers in her tartar sauce and licked it all off, with her eyes closed the entire time. I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time. And of course, without a voice I sound like an 82-year-old chain smoker.
We took a nice, long nap and woke up in time to clean up our camp and get in the shower before Daddy came home. He got home in time to help with Luce while I made the best dinner EVER. In my last semester at FSU, they started serving breakfast wraps in the mornings and it was ALL I ate. I always had bacon, sour cream, salsa and cheese on mine. they were SO bad for me but the most amazing things in the world. So I made them tonight and we basically inhaled them. And as an added bonus, eggs are like, a billion times cheaper than meat and Lucy will eat them! Well, not tonight, obviously, since Daddy came home and filled her up with Italian ice 10 minutes before dinner. Whatever, we're sick.
Lucy will be headed to bed in about 30 minutes and then Andrew and I are going to be sick together and read books until we pass out at approximately 8pm. I'm considering doing the dinner dishes, but whatever would I do with my Wednesday??

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Hang in there. Hope you all feel better soon.