24 January 2009

Naptime!

Well, this has got to be my most peaceful part of the day. Lucy is snoozing happily in her Boppy and Andrew and I just finished lunch. I am trying to pack, but I'm pretty disorganized. I'm just excited and can't think straight.

We went to Lowe's today and looked at bedroom doors for Lucy. Andrew has the awesome task of working on that while we're gone. He's also going to pick up a new bed for us tomorrow! Yay! It's going to be kind of big for that room, but whatever. It's a new bed and I'm just tickled pink.

I think we're going to go out to dinner tonight to lessen the activity around here and celebrate Ethel Watch '09. We;re surrounded by piles of clothes and toys, so anything we can do to avoid making this house any messier is a good thing, right?

I think we'll be heading out of here around 10 or 11 in the morning. I guess it'll depend on how long it takes us to get all of our stuff together after tonight. I can only pack so much, since toddlers and gigantic pregnant women require so many sleeping accessories. Lucy has about 15 blankets and pillows and pacifiers and water cups, not to mention the noise machine, monitor, night lights, you name it.

And me? WELL, there are bottles of Tums, the humidifier, piles of pillows to help me sleep more upright, the monitor base, chapstick, hair ties, water bottles, slippers....it's a veritable infirmary. So we'll have a few things to pack tomorrow, plus figuring out how to get it all in the car. Have I mentioned how much I adore my in-laws for inviting us into their home for this event? I love having company, but a week is usually my max. And what do they do? They open their arms to a cranky pregnant girl and her totally insane toddler. So, so blessed are we.

I'm NOT looking forward to the drive down tomorrow, but I'm hoping Andrew will feel like letting Lucy ride halfway with him just for fun. She likes to ride with him because she can see out the window and gets to sit with Daddy. I'll have to stop in Hagerstown to walk around anyway and I can take her back then. No. What am I thinking? Obviously I'll take her for the first half. The stronger, more patient parent should take the second half. Silly me. I just can't believe that the next time I drive through Sideling Hill I'll have two babies in my car! I'm just so incredibly excited to meet Ethel. I'm going to be exhausted and cranky and hormonal, but I'm so thrilled to be getting ready to welcome another sweet little girl into our family. I'm just addicted growing children, I guess. I feel like I've been pregnant for a million years and all I can think about is what names go well with Lucy and Ethel. Of course, today is my final countdown mark, so I'll probably be swearing that I'm stopping at 2 within the next couple weeks...

Okay, I need to stop typing and fold some laundry. My adoring husband has been very willing to carry it all over the house to get it all clean for me, so the least I can do is fold it, right? I love that guy. And he's so cute and kissable. And he's mine, mine, mine.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Good luck with your trip down to Bmore tomorrow! I know how exciting yet nerve wracking those last few weeks of pregnancy can be!! Leo's Bday is 2/26 - was snowing when i went to the hospital and when i was discharged - yippy!
Glad to hear the CBEFM works so good for you guys! And even good to know it worked good as a contraceptive cause for a lil while thats what i need it for! Im just hoping it doesnt get too expensive with having to buy all the pee sticks, LOL!

Anonymous said...

So you are leaving tomorrow. We can't believe it either that when you go back home Big Sister and Baby Sister will be in the car together. We can hardly wait to hear Lucy's remarks about her new baby sister. Time is flying. We are both very glad you will be with everyone, though Andrew will miss you. We also know he will feel better with you downstate, safe and sound until Baby arrives.
Have a very safe trip and please give us a call when you get settled in. "Hi" to Paul and Sue from us.
God bless you.
Grandma and Grandpa H.