29 January 2009

Feb 30th: A Day In The Love


He uses the phrase, "As many as we're given." I knew Andrew was the one when he said, "I think I'd like 7-9 kids, maybe more." His love for his babies is so deep and so strong. He could watch Lucy run around and chatter for days on end. We're both so amazed by her, and he spends countless hours telling me how much her adores her. When he works so late that he misses bedtime, I find him upstairs in her room before he goes to sleep, catching a few minutes of Daddy-time. I can't wait to meet our newest princess and introduce her to her adoring Daddy. We both want as many kids as God will give us, just for the fact that raising kids together makes us stronger, happier and more complete. There is nothing like falling in love with your babies to make you fall in love with your spouse all over again.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Beautifully said. There is nothing like seeing the love between a daddy and his baby ... it melts your heart every time :).

SpunkyToes said...

How sweet are these posts!! I can't wait to read them all.

celesle said...

very sweet post - DH says the same thing, gotta trust God always, huh!

Anonymous said...

Well said Laura, and so true. I found I loved the way your dad loved you and Nin...it did draw me to him even more than his great looks but most of all his gentleness, kindness, strength, and love he showed to his family showed me he was the person that made me complete. I thank God I found him. I am very very lucky.

Love Ya,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

She was so chubby!! Wish she could be falling asleep on me tonight! I miss you two, er, three.

When can we start for #3? ;-)

Love,

Anonymous said...

Oh, how beautiful is this blog entry.
How we wish we had had more than four. Especially after we began life on the farm. When we got married we both wanted four children. We have said many times in our "later years" it would have been wonderful to have had 6 or 7. There is always plenty of love to go around in a large family.
And, yes, God provides all that is needed.
Love the picture of Andrew and Lucy.
Awesome. Love you, Grandma and Grandpa