30 January 2009

Feb 31st: A Day In The Love

He surprises me with flowers just because he likes me a lot.


Here are Katie and I trying to figure out if the 2 dozen roses at the hair salon were for me or for Michelle, to whom they were addressed. For a few minutes I was really jealous of Michelle, and then we found out that Michelle worked there and Andrew had to give the florist the name of someone to deliver them to. As it happens, the very romantic guy sending roses to his bride-to-be was Andrew, and I was was the bride-to-be. Those roses just tickled me and they sat behind us on the altar of the stone chapel where we were married.


On more than dozens of occasions, Andrew walks through the door on a given day with his arms full of flowers for me, just because he thought it would be nice to surprise me. (Although I must admit his recent Tuesday diamond earring surprise was nice, too...) He's just an incredibly thoughtful guy who remembers that I love to be pampered on those rough Wednesdays when nothing's going right and that a bouquet of flowers is just old-fashioned enough to remind me of why I love the one I love.

He even brings me flowers when I look like this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ESPECIALLY bring you flowers when you look like that! Not to mention you're wearing my t-shirt (always a sign it's been a bad day)!

The way those flowers reflect pink on your cheeks is precious.

;-)