19 January 2009

The Girl's Got Issues

Well, I think we're coming closer to a new name, but I think we'll wait until we meet her to finalize it. And I will not be posting about it a whole lot more. Ha. From this point on, said unnamed baby will be referred to as "Ethel."

Chicken was kind enough to sleep until 7:30 this morning! I REALLY didn't think that would happen, seeing as she went to bed at ten til 7 last night, but it was a very welcome surprise, since we were up late watching the game.

I attempted to shave yesterday. That's just getting funnier and funnier. I think Andrew's critique post-shave is even funnier than the actual event. I must say, I'm excited about moving downstate and not worrying about my prickly legs bothering my bed buddy...otherwise, pregnancy is always very good to my body. I adore my pregnant body and wish I could feel the same about my post-partum body. In theory, I should feel even better about it AFTER I give birth, right? Just one of those things, I suppose. I'm going to really work on that this time around. Now that I have Lucy and she's so in tune with my attitude, I can't be negative about my body image. I won't have my toddler learning the words "fat" or "flabby." Yeah, there is a lot to accomplish in the confidence department after you have a baby. Last time was a pretty tough struggle to get anywhere close to feeling good about myself. I mean, if I had confidence issues when I was a freshman in college, how am I going to conquer my self-esteem just having given birth? I'm hoping to run a 5k this summer and am really excited about the snow disappearing a little. No, I'm GOING to run a 5k this summer. "Hoping to" is a phrase that really bothers me. I'd like to consider myself a woman of action, after all. Ideally I'd like to run one on my birthday (Memorial Day) and one in July or August. And then maybe something a little tougher closer to Halloween. I'm getting horrible cabin fever and anyone who knows me knows that my activity level just isn't suited for a Frostburg winter. I understand that pregnant women and slippery surfaces don't mingle well, so I'm doing my best to just clean the house and keep up with Lucy, but that's just the tip of the energy I have these days, so it's hard to stop there.

Why can't I live in Florida?

Well, Lucy and I have a packed day. No time for sitting around. We have friends to see in Keyser, friends coming into town this afternoon and we're still in our PJ's!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Good luck getting everything together. It will be here soon!